Kind of a random post today, but here are 15 Things to Keep in Mind!
1. God is always in control. Nothing takes him by surprise. (and isn’t that such a relief!!)
2. Yeah, maybe you’re not as healthy as you can be, but at the same time life is short. So maybe try to be healthy sometimes, but also eat fries. Because fries are really, really good.
3. You should get excited about stuff. Even little things like, “I GET TO HAVE CEREAL FOR BREAKFAST MY LIFE ROCKS!!” It makes life more exciting and happier.
4. You’re not going to die before your time… and if it is your time, you’re not going to live. No matter what. It sounds really morbid but I think it’s also really reassuring.
5. Try new things. You’ll regret not trying something more than actually doing it. (Probably.)
6. Sometimes even if you think it through before you say it, when you say it is still doesn’t sound good.
7. Sometimes people aren’t very nice, but don’t let them bring you down. They aren’t worth it.
8. Give someone you love a hug. It’ll make you feel warm inside. (unless they don’t like hugs and end up punching you or something. I went to kiss the dog on his head the other day and he punched me in the face. So you know. Sometimes things happen.)
9. It’s okay to be serious. Sometimes things call for it.
10. But it’s good to be able to make people laugh.
11. It’s okay if you do something on accident and make people laugh—even if they’re laughing at you (assuming this isn’t some sort of abusive relationship) join them. It makes it better.
12. Don’t be ashamed of the things you like. (and if you genuinely are, maybe you shouldn’t like them.)
13. You should watch Anastasia at least once in your life (if it’s your kind of thing. My dad would want to pull his eyes out.) I should watch this movie again for like the 999 time.
14. Sing. A song you made up, or whatever you want. But you should sing every now and then.
15. One of the best pieces of advice I’ve been given (but also sometimes seems to be some of the most unhelpful XD) is “Pray about it, and then do what you want.”
So there you go. 15 things to keep in mind!
A bonus 16: if you’re going to buy chips and ice cream or something like that, don’t get the low fat or the diet kind. If you’re going to eat junk food, eat real junk food. This fact is thanks to my mom, who stopped me from buying low fat potato chips.
What’s your favorite one? Anything you think should have been on the list that I left out? 🙂