I was tagged by Luke over on his blog, to do a Six Question Character Challenge. Thanks so much for tagging me! I always get excited when someone tags me in a blog challenge.🙂
Okay, so I decided I’m going to do it on my WWII novel, This Very Moment. (I thought maybe you were tired of hearing about that story, but I already got started to use that story so it’s too late now!😉 )
These are the six questions I’ll be answering about some of my most important characters:
- A contradiction within the character (the good kind that indicates depth)
- The character’s Meyers-Briggs type
- Favorite color
- How would they slay a dragon? (Even if there aren’t dragons in your book)
- What is their darkest secret?
- Where do they see themselves in ten years?
I’m also going to include pictures from my pinterest board.🙂
Marilyn King: (main character)
- Contradiction: She is fun, and strong, and brave, and wild (in a good way) but she is also terrified of turning into her mother.
- Personality type: I actually don’t usually do MBTI tests, but I think I did for her a LONG time ago, and I think it may have been ENFP. Maybe. I wouldn’t swear by it.
- Maroon, or Navy. Those are usually the colors I imagine her wearing.
- I could see her standing up to the dragon, just herself and her God.🙂
- Her darkest secret? I don’t think I can say without spoilers….
- In ten years, she would be relaxed. Happy. The war would be over, and those she loved would be able to have a peaceful life with little to know sadness in it. Kenneth, her twin brother, would be happily married with kids of his own for Marilyn to spoil– because marriage and children wouldn’t be in her future.
- He believes in right and wrong strongly, but he believes in getting the right results no matter the cost.
- I have no idea…
- Navy blue as well.
- He would charge at the dragon, yelling. Maybe a shotgun in his hands?
- Well. Um. Spoilers. So. I’m skipping.🙂
- In ten years, he would probably be happily married, maybe back where his family came from. Someone high in society, and very rich, and smart. Someone people looked up too.
- He is brave and wise and strong. But the hardest thing he ever does is walk away.
- And again, I never figured it out (or if I did I forgot.)
- Green, like grass. Or red like apples from the apple orchard where he lives.
- He would quietly assess the dragon before trying his hardest to take it down (but probably dying in the process.)
- Darkest secret? He his head over heals, completely, 100% in love with someone, but he can’t tell her. (Wow, that sounds dramatic. I’m almost rolling my eyes…)
- He doesn’t really think about the future much. He just wants the war to end.
Kenneth King: (Marilyn’s twin brother)
- He cares about people a lot and loves to help them…medically. Other then that, he isn’t the best at making friends (kind of a loner, shy.)
- I think he is an INFJ. I think.
- White. Clean. Fresh. Pure. Like snow on the mountains, or a clean hospital room.
- He would probably try to take the dragon down, not by fighting but by poisoning him, or starving him somehow. Then when the dragon is weaker killing it.
- He thought he was in love once, or at least he thinks he would’ve been eventually. She hurt him, and now, even though he’s no longer upset, he doesn’t think he’ll love again– he just accepts is as a fact of life.
- In ten years, Kenneth wants to have his own medical practice, or even a hospital. He’d love to be an uncle and see Marilyn happily in love and married.
There we have it! Some things you might have not known about my characters until now! (I didn’t even know some of those things about my characters until now. Like their favorite colors. XD)
Any questions y’all want my characters to answer? Or from another story, perhaps? Let me know and I’ll see what I can do.🙂